Why Choose Us?
The Children’s Medical Group always welcomes new patients. We look forward to developing a “physician-parent” partnership with you, to meet the needs of you and your children.
- Availability. The most extensive office hours of any private practice in the Hudson Valley. We provide care with evening, weekend and holiday appointments in our Poughkeepsie location.
- Accessibility. Offices in Dutchess, Ulster and Orange counties.
- Extended Hours. Baby check-ups and well child physicals during evenings & weekends hours
- Convenience. We offer same day sick appointments as well as a full in-office laboratory services in all of our offices.
- Quality. All physicians are Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. They are all highly skilled physicians who are certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Our experienced Certified Pediatric Nurse Practioners hold Master levels or higher degrees in nursing and advanced pediatric training.
- Excellence. Our providers and staff are committed to deliver the highest level of healthcare and support for you and your family. We believe there is no greater privilege or trust than to provide care for your children.
- Caring. If a problem arises outside of our normal office hours, there is always one of our doctors on call 24 hours a day. During late night hours, calls will be screened by experienced pediatric personnel who will refer all significant problems to the doctor on call.
- National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) Certificate of Recognition. We are proud to be one of the very few pediatric practices in the region to have received this award.
- Medical Home. We encourage our families to see the same physician for all well visits and even sick visits if scheduling permits. We believe the best care is given to a patient when there is an on-going relationship between the physician and family.
- Participation. We participate with over 30 insurance companies.
Get Acquainted Visits
Are you new in the area? Does your new health insurance plan mean that you must change pediatricians? Looking to change your doctor?
Our pediatricians encourage parents to schedule a get-acquainted visit. This visit will help you to become acquainted with us, tour our offices, and ask questions. Our get-acquainted visits are held Monday-Friday at any of our offices, and in our Poughkeepsie Office on Sunday Afternoons. This visit is complimentary!
Whether your first visit is for a newborn, toddler, or adolescent child to our practice, please take the time to fill out our new patient forms located below. We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, and bring your current insurance card with you. This will help us expedite your insurance verification and help us get you seen by the doctor a lot quicker!
Save time and fill out the new patient forms now and bring them with you to your first visit with us.
The Children’s Medical Group was formed in 1997 by the merger of two successful pediatric practices. The original groups, Pediatric and Adolescent Associates founded in 1932, and the Hudson Valley Pediatric Group founded in 1952, have had a long and distinguished history of caring for the region’s children.
We pride ourselves on Clinical Excellence, Accessibility, and Availability. We are open evenings, weekends, and holidays!