- When playing with toys, I should clean up afterwards and place them back where they belong.
- I will brushing my teeth twice a day, and make sure to always wash my hands after using the bathroom and before I eat.
- I will not annoy or tease pets – even friendly ones. I will do my best to avoid being bitten by keeping my hands and fingers away from their faces.
- I will avoid strangers and should only speak to my parents or a trusted adult when they are scared or in need of help.
- I will be nice and kind to other kids. I will not bully or hurt other kids. As parents, you should teach your child moral values and respect.
KIDS 5 TO 12 YEARS OLD
- I will begin to eat and drink healthier. I will drink reduced-fat milk and water, instead of soda and sugary fruit drinks.
- I will remember to wear sunscreen when playing outside on sunny days, and I will stay in the shaded areas whenever possible. Wearing a hat and sunglasses helps too!
- I will try to choose a sport or activity I like and will begin to participate. Exercise is a vital part of being healthy. Some of the sports they can choose is baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. and some activities can be dancing, riding their bike, etc. There are endless possibilities for having fun while exercising.
- When riding my bike, I will always wear a helmet.
- I’ll be friendly to kids who may have a hard time making friends by asking them to join activities such as sports or games.
- I’ll never give out private information such as my name, home address, school name or telephone number on the Internet. Also, I’ll never send a picture of myself to someone I chat with on the computer without asking my parent if it is okay.
- When I am having a problem or feel stressed, I will try to talk with my parent of a trusted adult.
- I will follow the rules at home when it comes to doing homework, playing video games and Internet use.
KIDS, 13 YEARS OLD AND OLDER
- I will try to eat two servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables every day, and I will drink sodas only at special times.
- I will take care of my body through physical activity, and eating the right foods.
- I will choose television shows, movies, and video games that are non-violent. I will only spend one or two hours each day on these activities.
- I will always follow the rules for video game and Internet use. I will do my homework first before using the computer, watching TV, or playing video games.
- I will help out my neighbors and community by giving some of my time to help others.
- When I feel stressed or angry, I will take a break and find other ways to deal with my emotions like exercising, writing, or discussing the issue with a trusted adult.
- When I notice my friends having problems, struggling, or being bullied, I will speak to a trusted adult about ways I can help them.
- I will resist peer pressure to try tobacco, drugs, or alcohol.
- I will not use a cell phone or text while driving, and I will always wear a seat belt